Thursday, May 6, 2010

Stupid People Bug Me

I'm sorry, I know I shouldn't say it but I'm saying it... Stupid people suck. They're worse than mean people! Stupid people are the only true representation of what is truly wrong with our world today. They CAN be amusing; However we cannot let our amusement cloud our ability to size up a stupid person. For example, there's a *ahem* lady who's friends with a friend of mine on Facebook and she's recently left her husband (father of her 3 children) for a man who's just gotten out of prison. She left her children with her mother *who we lovingly refer to her as "Mama"* who she claims shares a likeness to the Devil himself. Her new ex-convict boyfriend doesn't have a place to live, a job or any real means of support. (Now if I were just guessing I'd say he supports himself as a freelance drug dealer, but I could be completely wrong. I'm NOT, but I could be.) So she lives in whatever shit hole he does while her Devil/mother takes care of her children and their father - soon-to-be trashy girl's ex-husband, lives out the rest of this saga with his new girlfriend in the same trailer park as Mama. I know all of this because they splash it all over the beloved messaging medium we all know as Facebook. While the drama between the adults is amusing, it's also rather disturbing to think of the very real, very pained children in this situation. Speaking from personal experience I can tell you that suviving a normal childhood is difficult enough. I had very loving parents who were always available to me and I still managed to arrive at adulthood with some serious baggage! This poor woman's children have been snatched from their home, placed with their grandmother who is feuding with their mother who is living with a man who's been in prison for several years and now has their mother's name tattooed across his neck!!!
Most children are not extraordinary. I know, I shouldn't say that but I did! Anyway, most children are not extraordinary & react very typically to unhealthy environmental stimuli. A lot of them grow up and mimic the behaviors they saw as children. Some turn to drugs and violence and even sex at an early age. Some abandon their own children when they have them and worse yet, some abuse and neglect them. Very few of them work hard to escape their circumstances, educate themselves and go on to become fantastic people, providers and parents. If you don't believe me, check the stats for yourself. And this is why stupid people bug me. They act out their lives as some ridiculous soap opera & torture their children with the drama and havoc that only being a bad parent can wreak.
This woman found what I refer to as "some good prison sex" and decided it was just the excuse she needed to temporarily (or so she says) abandon her children. And every day she posts how much she misses them and how it breaks her heart not to be with them and she loves them, blah, blah, blaaah! But she's NOT with them, she left them even though there are almost always other options. She left them. OH, and she's pregnant - again!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment