Monday, March 5, 2012


If you actually like women, feel free to read to the article below.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/04/opinion/sunday/kristof-when-states-abuse-women.html?_r=2&smid=fb-share

I won't get into details about the above article as you are capable of reading it for yourself. But in accordance with it, I also felt obligated to post this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V78ReJbjdxo

THIS is an example of conservativism in our country? Really? Since when did being a conservative become synonymous with being an asshole? How can you want "smaller governement" if you believe that said governement has a right to establish laws based on things that have nothing to do with your rights as a citizen of this country? Why do Republicans get to determine morality and pass laws about it? Why do Democrats believe that the only Constitutionally upheld rights of citizens should be in regard to personal and moral preference? Why don't Democrats also believe that we as citizens should have a right to our paychecks and financial futures? Why do they close the door to give us privacy in the bedroom but grab our pocketbooks on the way out? None of it makes any sense! Political partying platforms are distractions and distractions only. All parties and their card carrying members have contributors to repay once elected. Their obligation is to their "shareholders", not to the American public. If they gave a damn about us, The Patriot Act wouldn't exist. I wouldn't get i.d'd to buy movies at Wal-Mart or have my license scanned when I bought Advil Sinus at CVS. Republicans and Democrats alike are entirely responsible for the day to day destruction of our civil liberties and privacies. They each do their part to shred our nation's fabric into tattered rags.

If you have conviction, I don't care what it's about; Good for you! But if you're interested solely in convicting (as is Rick Perry above) then I have no interest in listening to you. If you despise homosexuals - do your part to uphold your convictions and don't become one!! If you believe that women who have sex (and actually like it - eek!) are whores deserving of God's wrath - then holy Hell, don't be one!! If you think that abortion is wrong - don't get one!! But stop trying to dictate how everyone else is allowed to feel and think. Just because you went to Sunday school as a child, doesn't mean that Jesus loves you more than anyone else. If the Bible tells you how to live and you are comforted by it, that's wonderful. But that's you. It is not that way for everyone else in the world. I don't want prayer thrust upon my children in school. I don't want "wear your Christian t-shirt to school" day during spirit week because I also don't want "wear your Muslim t-shirt to school" day either. I don't want the principal or teacher, or janitor leading my children in prayer. But I DARE someone to stop them should they decide to pray! Religious freedom and separation from the law are not that difficult to comprehend if you have any respect for someone else's rights to view things differently than you do. I don't expect people to feel or see God the way that I do. I arrive at my relationship with him daily - in my own way, walking my own path, praying my own prayers, guided by my own interpretation. Just the way God made me. And just as I don't expect people to share my beliefs or experiences, I don't expect to have laws passed demanding that I see things someone else's way. If I'm not mistaken, that's one of the really awesome things about being an American! That I don't have to do what others want to do. I can go my own way without fear of retribution from my government.
Assholes though, they may be....

No comments:

Post a Comment