Friday, February 10, 2012

For the Record

Just to be clear, I am pro choice. I promote people making choices that best represent what they feel they can live with. And given recent firestorms of controversy, I feel compelled to state that no one I know or have ever known is in favor of abortion. Being pro choice doesn't mean you think abortion is awesome. It means you think you don't tell others what is right for them because you have no idea what it's like to BE them. I walk in MY shoes, no one elses. I've never heard anyone say that they thought killing embryos was a terrific way to pass the time. Everyone I know who supports an individual's right to choose simply supports and values existing life and appreciates that life in general is sometimes really hard and really terrible. I place ultimate value on the lives already self sustaining on this planet. When EVERY child in this world has a family, love, food & shelter, THEN I will concern myself with the children that are not yet born.

The way the world is, isn't the way it's supposed to be. War, perversion, hatred, discrimination... It's just not right. But just because the world isn't what it should be, doesn't mean that's not the way it is. Sublime ideology is not a basis for an argument.

No comments:

Post a Comment